Chicken thighs braised on top of the stove in a Dutch oven with Dijon mustard, fresh rosemary, brown sugar and sweet potatoes.
Happy Monday, I hope you all had a great weekend! Being away last week and launching this new site has been a whirlwind of playing catch up and fixing the minor hiccups that come along with transporting information from one url to the other.
THANK YOU to those of you who have emailed to let me know of errors that were found, I really appreciate it! This weekend I didn't do much cooking in my kitchen as hubby and I went on a date night.
We ate at a local restaurant, then saw Pompeii. The movie wasn't exactly as I had expected it to be, but we really enjoyed it nonetheless. Ever since my family and I visited Pompeii a few years ago, we've had this new found admiration for the location.
To see the ruins they found first hand after such devastation was amazing. Of the many images I took that day, this one below of a water fountain is my favorite.
First, I can't believe the ingenuity they had back in 79A.D to build this huge, working city with road and water systems.
Second, if you look at the left side of the fountain, you can see how the stone was worn from people leaning on it to reach over to take a drink. Amazing right? Anyway, back to today's newest experiment!
I'll be the first to admit that this is not the best image I've ever taken, BUT this Dijon Braised Chicken with Sweet Potatoes dish was too good not to share!
How do you make Dijon Braised Chicken with Sweet Potatoes?
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot and add chicken. Brown the chicken 4-5 minutes per side; repeat for all pieces of chicken. You may need to work in batches.
If that is the case, remove the chicken that is browned and set aside until all pieces are done; then return to your Dutch oven.
I love meals that you can throw everything into one pot and it's all done and this one was no exception.
The combination of sweet, with the potatoes and brown sugar and savory, with the rosemary and dijon was fantastic.
My family really liked this recipe and the meal also reheats beautifully if you want to make it ahead and eat it later. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Dijon Braised Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 8 Chicken Thighs skin removed
- 1 tablespoon . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon . Dijon Mustard
- ¼ c . Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon . Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 c . Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes large dice
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot and add chicken.
- Brown the chicken 4-5 minutes per side; repeat for all pieces of chicken. You may need to work in batches. If that is the case, remove the chicken that is browned and set aside until all pieces are done; then return to your Dutch oven.
- Combine mustard, brown sugar, rosemary, and chicken broth in a small bowl and mix well; then pour over the chicken.
- Add the potatoes, mix well and allow to simmer covered over low heat for 60 minutes.
This looks terrific to me! I've got a few sweet potatoes left in the Strategic Winter Squash Reserve (they got grandfathered in as the butternut and acorn squash like the company) and love chicken + sweet potatoes.
I really loved the flavors in this dish and it was so simple. I hope you enjoy it!