Deviled Chicken Thighs covered in a mixture of butter, spicy mustard, vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt and breadcrumbs; then baked until crispy and golden brown.
If you're a fan of deviled eggs, these Baked Deviled Chicken Thighs will be a new family favorite during the week as well. I mean who doesn't love a meal that is so easy to make. Especially when you're busy and the last thing you want to think about is making dinner.
A few years ago I found a recipe in an old cookbook for Delmonico Deviled Chicken. It was one of the cookbooks that my father in law gave me that he had saved from back in the 1970's.
I've mentioned before that I often make chicken thighs for dinner because they're so versatile. Some of our favorites are Balsamic Apricot Chicken Thighs, Ranch Chicken Thighs and Sheet Pan Oregano Chicken. This recipe for Deviled Chicken Thighs is right up there on the list now as well!
Why does the term "Deviled" mean when used in cooking?
The word "Deviled" originally meant to prepare something that had a lot of spicy condiments and seasonings. The term goes back to the 1700's and is most commonly associated with recipes that contain mustard and cayenne pepper.
How do you make Baked Deviled Chicken Thighs?
For this recipe you'll need bone-in, skin on chicken thighs, butter, spicy brown mustard, red wine vinegar, cayenne pepper, Kosher salt and Panko bread crumbs.
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F; then place your chicken in an oven safe baking dish. Melt the butter; then add the mustard, vinegar, pepper and salt; mix well.
Brush the butter mixture on top of the chicken; then sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the chicken. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
See how easy these Deviled Chicken Thighs are to make and they're super delicious too!
Some of our favorite side dishes that would go perfectly with this meal are:
- Buffalo Roasted Potato Wedges
- Creamy Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Dijon Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Paprika, Rosemary & Cheese Cauliflower Popcorn
- Chili Lime Sautéed Zucchini
- Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille
Can you Bake these chicken thighs ahead of time?
If you want to save even more time, you can prepare this entire recipe up to one day ahead of time, cool; then refrigerate.
When you're ready to serve, bring the chicken to room temperature in its original dish; then reheat in a preheated 375 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Baked Deviled Chicken Thighs
- 6 pieces chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F; then place your chicken in an oven safe baking dish.
- Melt the butter; then add the mustard, vinegar, pepper and salt; mix well. Brush the butter mixture on top of the chicken; then sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the chicken.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM
Chicken Thighs in a Horseradish Cream Sauce
Caprese Stuffed Chicken Thighs
Apple Cider Mustard Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Shop Related Products
Try these other chicken thigh recipes too:
Leave a Reply