Apricot preserves combined with balsamic vinegar; then brushed on chicken thighs and baked is a deliciously simple weeknight meal idea that the entire family will love.
One day last week I had taken chicken thighs out for dinner and wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to make with them. As the day progressed, I realized I didn’t have much time to fuss for dinner as our dog had just had surgery and really just needed some cuddle time.
I had some apricot preserves in the pantry for some baking I thought I’d get to over the holidays (and didn’t), so I came up with this quick and easy recipe for Balsamic Apricot Glazed Chicken Thighs.
I combined the apricot preserves with balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary (because I had a little bit of that too and wanted some fresh herbs in there) and a little salt, basted it on the chicken; then baked them for about 50 minutes. The entire process took only 5 minutes to prepare.
I guess I could have taken the skin off the thighs first and you’re welcome to do so, but I chose to leave it on. These Balsamic Apricot Glazed Chicken Thighs were delicious and the combination of “sweet” from the preserves and “tangy” from the vinegar was a perfect match. I’ll definitely be making these again when the warmer weather hits as these would be perfect on the grill. ~Enjoy!
Get my weekly newsletter for the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Balsamic Apricot Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 4- 4-ounce Chicken Thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 1/2 c . Apricot Preserves
- 1 tbsp . Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp . Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 tsp . Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry; then place in an oven safe baking dish.
- Combine the apricot preserves, vinegar, rosemary and salt in a small bowl, mix well; then brush the mixture on top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken 50-60 minutes or until the minimum internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (I prefer mine around 175-180 degrees).
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media