Parmesan Roasted Green Beans contain only three ingredients, are deliciously flavorful and make the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
We eat green beans one to two times per week and personally, they're my favorite vegetable. Usually I just steam them over a double boiler, but every now and then I like to change things up a bit. These Parmesan Roasted Green Beans are one of my new favorite ways to make them.
Sometimes I prefer roasting to steaming; especially if I have other pots going on the stove. It saves some time and real estate while I'm cooking.
Recipes like this one I'm usually reluctant to post because they're so basic, I can hardly call it a recipe. However, I know there are many of you that are just starting out in the kitchen; my youngest daughter included.
She's now a Freshman in college and already has an apartment slotted with three other friends next year. Which means, she'll be cooking her meals herself. Just like her sister did; which prompted me to write the "63 Budget Friendly Meals for the College Student" post a few years back.
It was super helpful to our older daughter and her roommates. In fact, I still get occasional texts from her college friends who have now graduated and are looking for meal suggestions based on what they have in the house or what they're in the mood for eating.
Honestly, I love the fact that I can help them in any way I can and broaden their cooking horizons!
How do you make Parmesan Roasted Green Beans?
For this recipe you'll need fresh green beans, EVOO and grated Parmesan cheese. Rinse the beans under cold water, pat dry, trim the stems from the ends; then add them to a baking sheet.
Drizzle the EVOO on top; then sprinkle with the grated cheese. Roast in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes until the green beans are lightly brown.
I chose not to add additional salt since grated cheese tends to be a bit salty, but you can add some black pepper if you'd like.
What substitutions can I make?
I prefer the taste of fresh green beans, but you can use defrosted frozen green beans or canned beans too.
- Oven Method: If using any other type other than fresh green beans, you can reduce the cooking time down to 5-6 minutes since the beans will already be cooked.
- Stovetop Method: If using fresh green beans, I suggest steaming them first until they are al dente. Add the oil to nonstick skillet and heat over medium high heat; then add the green beans and cheese. Saute 2-3 minutes until hot.
For a recipe that is so easy to make, these Parmesan Roasted Green Beans are super flavorful and goes well with so many main meals. We served ours with Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs and Sour Cream & Chive Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse the beans under cold water, pat dry, trim the stems from the ends; then add them to a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the EVOO on top; then sprinkle with the grated cheese and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes until the green beans are lightly brown. black pepper if you'd like.
Green Beans with Tomato and Garlic
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Leave a Reply