Fresh steamed green beans sautéed with bacon, garlic, butter and chicken broth is a delicious vegetable side dish that's ready in 15 minutes.
*This post may contain affiliate links.
Green beans are my favorite fresh vegetable; especially if they have a bit of a crunch left to them.
So when I had a few pieces of turkey bacon leftover from Sunday breakfast, I decided to use them up in this super easy recipe for Green Beans with Bacon.
My husband and I have been trying to eat a bit healthier and as such, we keep track of all of the food we eat. Honestly, it really hasn't been that hard since we generally try to eat healthy.
What we found was that we really just need to watch our serving sizes. However, there is always room for improvement!
By making some swaps, we've been able to enjoy the foods we like to eat on occasion a little better for us. Like bacon. Instead of regular bacon, we now eat turkey bacon.
This green bean and bacon recipe is super easy to make, serves four and can be ready in 15 minutes. ~Enjoy!
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
- Green Beans: I prefer using fresh vegetables whenever possible, but you can also use frozen green beans that have been defrosted and drained.
- Crumbled Pre-Cooked Bacon: I used turkey bacon in this recipe, but you can use any type of bacon you prefer (regular, low salt, uncured, etc).
- Chicken Broth: My pantry is always stocked with low sodium, fat free broth. I used chicken, because I served this with a roasted chicken, but you can use beef or vegetable broth as well.
- Butter: I used salted whipped butter, but you can use regular or unsalted.
- Garlic Powder: If you prefer, you can use 1 tablespoon of minced fresh garlic.
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How do you make Green Beans with Bacon?
Steam the fresh green beans over a double boiler until al dente; then remove from the heat and add to a medium nonstick skillet.
Next, add the butter, bacon, chicken broth. garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Cook over high heat tossing occasionally with tongs for 2-3 minutes until the butter melts and the liquid mostly absorbs leaving a little sauce left in the pan. Place in a dish and serve immediately while hot.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Green Bean Recipes
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- Chili Garlic Green Beans
- Semi-Homemade Green Bean Casserole
- Sea Salt Roasted Green Beans
- Green Bean Crispers with Lemon Garlic Aioli
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Green Beans with Bacon
- Steam the fresh green beans over a double boiler until al dente; then remove from the heat and add to a medium nonstick skillet.
- Next, add the butter, bacon, chicken broth. garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook over high heat tossing occasionally with tongs for 2-3 minutes until the butter melts and the liquid mostly absorbs leaving a little sauce left in the pan. Place in a dish and serve immediately while hot.