Cashew Chicken in a Sesame Garlic Sauce made with boneless chicken breasts, cashews, and vegetables in a sesame garlic sauce is so delicious, you’ll never order Chinese take out again.
For today’s new recipe, I’m sharing Cashew Chicken with Sesame Garlic Sauce. Now, if you follow along here on the blog regularly, you know I don’t usually purchase pre-made sauces because they’re generally very high in sodium.
However, when grocery shopping recently I came across a new line of sauces by Iron Chef and the Sesame Garlic version caught my eye.
I don’t make a lot of Asian food at home; nor do I eat it out that often. Occasionally when I am in the mood, I opt for some Egg Drop Wonton mixed soup or Moo Goo Gai Pan in a Brown Sauce (which is just some steamed chicken and vegetables).
So when I saw this sauce, I figured I’d make a quick stir fry with it one night for dinner. I mean after all, if you’re going to use a soy or teriyaki sauce anyway, might as well use a pre-made one as they all contain a lot of salt.
How do you make Cashew Chicken?
For this recipe you’ll need boneless chicken breasts, stir fry oil, celery, red onion, baby corn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, cashew and Iron Chef Sesame Garlic Sauce.
In a large nonstick saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Saute 5-7 minutes until chicken is almost cooked through; then add the celery and onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes until they start to soften.
Next, add the corn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and sauce and mix together until all ingredients have been coated; then stir in the cashews. Serve alone or over rice.
The sauce had a little bit of a kick, but it wasn’t too overpowering for my palate and I liked how quick it was to make this. Just put all of your ingredients in one pan and dinner is served!
The family really liked my version of Cashew Chicken with Sesame Garlic Sauce and I served it over some brown rice and had enough for leftovers the next day too. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 tablespoon stir fry oil
- 2 pounds diced, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1- (14-ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1- (5-ounce)can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1- (8-ounce)can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1- (15-ounce)bottle iron chef sesame garlic sauce
- 1 cup cashews
- In a large nonstick saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and add the chicken.
- Saute 5-7 minutes until chicken is almost cooked through; then add the celery and onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Next, add the corn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and sauce and mix together until all ingredients have been coated; then stir in the cashews. Serve alone or over rice.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.