Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash made with grilled chicken, hot wing sauce, cream cheese, Ranch dressing and Cheddar cheese.
*This post may contain affiliate links.
My family loves spaghetti squash and the flavor of Buffalo chicken wings. So I merged the two together and made this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash. It was a HUGE hit!
For years I shied away from making spaghetti squash. Not for any other reason than I had tried it once and it didn't cook all the way. I didn't like the texture.
The next time I tried it was several years ago when I made the Italian Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. It's not only one of our favorites, it's an extended family favorite as well.
This recipe serves 4 people and took 30 minutes to make so it's perfect for a last minute, delicious weeknight dinner.
How do you cook Spaghetti Squash?
There are two methods that I used to cook spaghetti squash: bake or microwave. Baking takes longer, but yields a sweeter flavor; which is great if you're going to eat it on it's own as a vegetable side dish.
For recipes where you'll be adding other flavors like this one, microwaving is the quickest way to cook the squash to get the same result.
Basically there is no right, wrong or better way of preparing spaghetti squash. It is truly a matter of personal preference and how much time you have.
- Cut the squash in half horizontally and remove the seeds.
- Place the two halves in a shallow baking dish flesh side down; then add ½ cup of water to the pan.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 425 degrees F or until the skin of the squash caves when poked. Time may vary slightly depending on the size of the squash.
- Remove from the oven, scrape out the strands and prepare the recipe as directed.
- Cut the squash in quarters and remove the seeds.
- Place the four quarters on a microwave safe dish flesh side down; then add 2-3 tablespoons of water
- Microwave on high 10-12 minutes or until the skin of the squash caves when poked. Time may vary slightly depending on the size of the squash.
- Remove from the microwave, scrape out the strands and prepare the recipe as directed.
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
Spaghetti Squash: Prepared as described above.
Cooked Grilled Chicken: If you don't have any cooked grilled chicken readily available, Purdue shortcuts are a great option. You can find them in the refrigerated section at your local grocery store. You can also use any leftover diced or rotisserie chicken as well!
Buffalo Wing Sauce
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How do you make Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash?
Cook the spaghetti squash. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet; then add the diced chicken and warm for 1-2 minutes; then add the cream cheese, wing sauce and Ranch dressing and cook until the cream cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
Next, scrape out the spaghetti squash and add it to the pan along with 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix until all ingredients have been combined; then place in a 2-quart oven safe casserole dish.
Top with remaining cheese and bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and it's hot and bubbly.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Portuguese Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Parmesan Garlic Butter Spaghetti Squash
- Turkey Bolognese Spaghetti Squash
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 cups diced cooked grilled chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the spaghetti squash either in the oven or in the microwave until soft. (See both method directions in post)
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet; then add the diced chicken and warm for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, wing sauce, Ranch dressing and parsley. Cook until the cream cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Next, scrape out the spaghetti squash with a fork and add it to the pan along with 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix until all ingredients have been combined; then place in a 2-quart oven safe casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and it's hot and bubbly.
Leave a Reply