These Cheesy Italian Sausage Meatballs made with sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella and Pecorino Romano cheese is sure to please the game day snacker in your family.
Well, even though our kids still haven’t gone back to school yet, that doesn’t stop football season from coming a little early around here. The pros have already started their season and our first official high school game is this coming Friday.
There’s something about watching a football game while noshing on some game day snacks that go hand in hand and you’re going to love these Cheesy Italian Sausage Meatballs!
Sometimes during a cool Fall or Winter Sunday afternoon, we like to eat small “picky” foods rather than a full meal while either watching a new movie that’s come out or our favorite football team play. This way you get a variety of different flavors.
How do you make Cheesy Italian Sausage Meatballs?
To make these meatballs you’ll need Italian sausage, shredded mozzarella and grated Pecorino Romano cheeses, sun dried tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, garlic, olive oil, flour and baking powder.
I used mild Italian sausage links; then just removed the casing; however, if you can find it differently or would like to use the hot variety, go right ahead!
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F; then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl; then mix well with a spoon. Form the meat into meatballs and place on the baking sheet.
I made ours smaller and got about 24 meatballs when I used 1 lb. of sausage.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes or until they’re cooked through with no pink center; then serve hot. My family devoured these Cheesy Italian Sausage Meatballs and just kept picking at them for days.
In fact, they’ve already asked me when I was going to make them again. Not only do they make a tasty game day snack, they’d be a nice addition to your appetizer offerings during the holidays too. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 pound italian sausage links (casings removed; mild or hot)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F; then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl; then mix well with a spoon.
- Form the mixture into meatballs and place on the baking sheet and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until they're cooked through with no pink insided (I got about 24 meatballs). Serve hot.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Here are some more meatball recipes to try!
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs from Little Spice Jar
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Cheesy Mexican Meatballs from The Weary Chef
Connect with me on Social Media