These Sriracha & Lime Turkey Meatballs with Dipping Sauce are delicious and healthy. They are tasty served for dinner, appetizer or game day snacking.
I don’t know whether it’s because I’ve been trying to eat healthier and exercise more often or not, but I’ve been craving foods lately that have a little heat like these Sriracha & Lime Turkey Meatballs with Dipping Sauce.
Not only do these meatballs taste FAN-TAS-TIC, they also satisfy my snack cravings as well as being pretty darn healthy too. Now I know why my niece and nephew put this stuff on everything!
Adding Sriracha, as well as other hot sauces, into your current eating habits is a great way to give your body a little jump start and it doesn’t go without health benefits as well.
Hot sauces; which are made from chilies, are said to:
- Increase metabolism; which helps speed weight loss
- Has been know to reduce heart attacks and strokes in cultures that eat a lot of spicy food
- Can help lower blood pressure by increasing the blood flow
- Reduces depression and stress by boosting the serotonin hormones in your body
Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve been craving the added spice and hoping it helps jump start my weight loss even further. I was looking to experiment with a new appetizer recipe to share with you for the upcoming Superbowl, and decided to try something a little healthier.
These Sriracha & Lime Turkey Meatballs with Dipping Sauce were perfect!
How do you make Sriracha and Lime Turkey Meatballs?
When making this recipe, I used 99% fat free ground turkey, Sriracha hot sauce, fresh lime juice, parsley, and garlic. For the sauce, I used mayonnaise, nonfat Greek yogurt, lime juice and Sriracha.
I really loved the way the fresh, light flavor of the lime juice complimented the hot, tangy hot sauce. When using Sriracha, start off with a smaller amount than adjust amounts accordingly.
Especially if children will be eating these as well. I found the measurements I used to be perfect without being too overpowering. Each meatball is only 25 calories and 1 tablespoon of the dipping sauce is only 54 calories, so you can decide how many you want eat come game day. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
For the Meatballs
For the Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; then line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well; then roll into 1-inch round balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through; then serve with dipping sauce.
For the Dipping Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.