Chicken Florentina made with boneless chicken breasts sautéed in white wine; then topped with fresh tomato, spinach & mozzarella.
Did you ever visit your local pizza place and actually look at their menu offerings besides pizza? Many places serve a lot more than just pizza.
They have so many wonderful sounding chicken, veal, pasta and seafood dishes, yet I rarely try anything else on the menu.
If I want pizza, I get pizza. But this Chicken Florentina dish sounded delicious so I tried making it myself.
How can you go wrong with a recipe that's made with tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella and white wine? You can't! This Chicken Florentina was so delicious and tender that the chicken just melted in your mouth.
I opted not to use the "in a light red sauce" option as I thought the white wine would create enough of a mouthwatering sauce on its own and it surely did.
How do you make Chicken Florentina?
For this recipe you'll need boneless chicken breasts (I like to use chicken tenderloins so they're uniform in size), all purpose flour, butter, oil, white wine, plum tomatoes, fresh spinach, and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
If you don't like to cook with wine, you can substitute chicken broth instead. First, pound the chicken down with a meat mallet so it's uniform in size.
Add the flour to a medium bowl; then dredge each piece of chicken in the flour placing each one on a dish until completed.
Heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat in a large saute pan; then add the chicken. This may have to be cooked in batches depending on how many pieces of chicken you can fit in the pan.
Cook the chicken on both sides until the chicken is white in color and cooked through. When done, place the chicken in a large, oven safe baking dish (mine was a 13"x9").
When all the chicken has been cooked, add the white wine and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. It will thicken slightly; then pour the white wine mixture over the chicken.
Finally, assemble the chicken by placing two slices of tomato on each chicken breast; then top with spinach leaves and shredded mozzarella.
Place the dish in the oven and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
This recipe for Chicken Florentina is enough to feed 10 people, but I like to make extra with these kind of recipes so we have leftovers to pick on during the week.
You can also prepare the entire dish, including assembling the chicken; then cover, refrigerate and bake the next evening if you're short on time. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 20 (2-ounce) Boneless Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, cut into ½" thick slices
- 2 cup Fresh Baby Spinach, rinsed and stems removed
- 8 ounces Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pound the chicken with a meat mallet so that it's ½"-¾" thick. Add the flour to a medium bowl; then dredge each piece of chicken in the flour placing each one on a dish until completed.
- Heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat in a large saute pan; then add the chicken. (This may have to be done in batches.)Fry on both sides until the chicken is white in color and cooked through. When done, place the chicken in a large, oven safe baking dish (mine was a 13"x9").
- When all the chicken has been removed from the pan, add the wine and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. It will thicken slightly. Pour the white wine mixture over the chicken.
- Assemble the chicken by placing two slices of tomato on each chicken breast; then top with spinach leaves and shredded mozzarella.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Chicken in a Mushroom Brandy Cream Sauce
Shop Related Products
SHOP MORE RELATED PRODUCTS IN MY AMAZON STOREFRONT!
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Leave a Reply