Chicken in a Tomato Vodka Sauce is delicious and quick to make. Perfect for date night or an easy weeknight supper!
If you’re looking for a simple chicken dish to make at home with a restaurant feel, then this Chicken in a Tomato Vodka Sauce is it. It’s especially nice if you’re looking to host a large get together as you can prepare this the night before, then place in the oven to finish cooking when you’re ready.
If you are looking to prepare this for a crowd, I would suggest you purchase chicken tenderloins instead so that it makes the pieces uniform in size and there is less work since you won’t have to slice the chicken into portion sizes.
The sauce is wonderfully light and the combination of fresh tomatoes, vodka and a touch of heavy cream give this recipe for Chicken in a Tomato Vodka Sauce an aromatic flavor. Serve this with rice and a vegetable or salad and you have a complete meal. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Chicken in a Tomato Vodka Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken horizontally in half and pound to even them out in thickness.
- Add the flour to a bowl; then dredge the chicken in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saute pan and allow the chicken to cook until lightly browned on both sides (approximately 3-5 minutes per side). Remove the chicken and place in an oven safe baking dish.
- In the same pan add the scallions, tomatoes, vodka, chicken broth, lemon zest and juice and heavy cream. Whisk together, bring to a boil then pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media