Chicken in a Lemon Butter Sauce made with boneless chicken breasts sautéed; then topped with a lemon butter sauce. Perfect for weeknight dinners or large get togethers.
How many of you are over 40? Well if you’re not there yet, let me tell you that once you pass that milestone the brain goes. I don’t know where it goes, but information is cycled in and out on a daily basis and you only get to keep what’s happening in the near future in the forefront.
That is until you wake up in the middle of the night remembering something that was funneled in at one point and you forgot all about it. Now, these can be REALLY important things or things that in the grand scheme of things aren’t as important but they matter nonetheless.
Which brings me to today’s post. About 2 weeks ago, I woke up and remembered that my Aunt Renee had asked me if I had a Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce recipe.
At the time, all I had was a Chicken Francaise recipe (which is in the cookbook), but she said that wasn’t it as it wasn’t battered in egg. So I told her I’d make it soon and gone it went into the abyss!
It’s generally hard for me to make something that I haven’t tasted before myself, but this one seemed easy enough. Well, at least I hope it’s the same thing she was thinking of.Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce: Boneless chicken breasts sautéed; then topped with a lemon butter sauce. Perfect for weeknight dinners or large get togethers.
So I made this Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce in honor of my aunt and I hope she likes it. Since she lives in Michigan and I’m in New Jersey, it’s not like I can have her try it out with me there.
How do you make Chicken with a lemon butter sauce?
To make this recipe you’ll need boneless chicken breasts, flour, oil, butter, garlic, chicken broth, lemons, chives and thyme. Start by slicing the chicken horizontally into three or four thinner pieces, then pound flat using a meat mallet. Dredge the chicken into the flour until all pieces have been coated.
How do you make the Lemon Butter Sauce?
Top the chicken with the sauce, then bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Since posting this recipe for Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce, my aunt tried it and said it was spot on! In fact, she has made this recipe over and over again since its first posting.
It’s also one of the most popular recipe searches on the blog to date. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Chicken in a Lemon Butter Sauce
For the Chicken in a Lemon Butter Sauce
For the Chicken
- Slice chicken horizontally into three or four thinner pieces, then pound flat using a meat mallet.
- Dredge the chicken into the flour until all pieces have been coated.
- Heat oil and butter in a large non-stick saute pan over medium high heat; then add the chicken. Allow the chicken to brown and cook through on each side; approximately 3-5 minutes per side depending on their thickness. Once done, place in an oven safe dish until all of the pieces have been cooked.
- Top with the sauce, then bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes. Serves 6 (approximately 12-14 pieces of chicken)
For the Lemon Butter Sauce
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute, then whisk in the flour forming a roux.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, whisking as you are pouring so as not to form lumps.
- Next, add in the lemon zest and juice, chives, and thyme. Bring to a boil then allow to simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Shop Related Products
Follow my Lemon Pinterest board for more lemony recipes!