Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce: Boneless chicken breasts sautéed; then topped with a lemon butter sauce. Perfect for weeknight dinners or large get togethers.
How many of you are over 40? Well if you’re not there yet, let me tell you that once you pass that milestone the brain goes. I don’t know where it goes, but information is cycled in and out on a daily basis and you only get to keep what’s happening in the near future in the forefront.
That is until you wake up in the middle of the night remembering something that was funneled in at one point and you forgot all about it. Now, these can be REALLY important things or things that in the grand scheme of things aren’t as important but they matter nonetheless.
Which brings me to today’s post. About 2 weeks ago, I woke up and remembered that my Aunt Renee had asked me if I had a Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce recipe.
At the time, all I had was a Chicken Francaise recipe (which is in the cookbook), but she said that wasn’t it as it wasn’t battered in egg. So I told her I’d make it soon and gone it went into the abyss!
It’s generally hard for me to make something that I haven’t tasted before myself, but this one seemed easy enough. Well, at least I hope it’s the same thing she was thinking of.Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce: Boneless chicken breasts sautéed; then topped with a lemon butter sauce. Perfect for weeknight dinners or large get togethers.Click To Tweet
So I made this Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce in honor of my aunt and I hope she likes it. Since she lives in Michigan and I’m in New Jersey, it’s not like I can have her try it out with me there.
I know we all loved it and I paired it with white rice and steamed spinach, because isn’t rice that much better when you have a sauce to put on top of it?
Now if only I could remember what that abbreviation means on a date in my calendar!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 4-6 oz . Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 c . All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp . Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp . Butter
- Lemon Butter Sauce; see below
- 2 tbsp . Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp . All-Purpose Flour
- 2 c . Low-Sodium/Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp . Chives
- 1 tsp . Fresh Thyme
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Slice chicken horizontally into three or four thinner pieces, then pound flat using a meat mallet.
- Dredge the chicken into the flour until all pieces have been coated.
Heat oil and butter in a large non-stick saute pan, then add the chicken. Allow to brown and cook through on each side; approximately 3-5 minutes per side depending on their thickness. Once done, place in an oven safe dish until all of the pieces have been cooked.
- Top with the sauce, then bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Serves 6 (approximately 12-14 pieces of chicken)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute, then whisk in the flour forming a roux.
- Gradually add in the chicken broth, whisking as your pouring so as not to form lumps.
- Next, add in the lemon zest and juice, chives, and thyme. Bring to a boil then allow to simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
*Nutritional Information per Piece of Chicken: Calories 130, Carbs 4.8g, Fat 7.4g, Protein 10.7g, Fiber .6g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin’
(Update: My aunt tried the recipe and said it was spot on. In fact, she has made this recipe over and over again since it’s first posting.)
Shop Related Products
Follow my Lemon Pinterest board for more lemony recipes!
This post includes links to my affiliate account at Amazon.com where Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen earns a few cents on the dollar when readers like yourself purchase the items I recommend. Thank you for supporting Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen when you shop at Amazon!