You're family is going to love this recipe made with gluten free pasta, boneless chicken, fresh baby spinach, lemon and Pecorino Romano cheese.
My family and I do not suffer from Celiac Disease; nor do we follow a Gluten Free Diet. However, I wanted to try using gluten free pasta in one of my recipes to see if there was a difference
We may have wheat allergies; which causes that bloated feeling after eating wheat products found in pasta and bread.
How do you make Lemon Spinach Chicken Pasta?
For this recipe you'll need gluten free pasta, boneless chicken breasts, EVOO, baby spinach, lemon, chicken broth and grated Pecorino Romano cheese. Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
You want to watch gluten free pasta while it's cooking, because some brands do not hold their shape as well as regular pasta.
While pasta is cooking, heat your grill or indoor grill pan and grill your chicken until cooked through. Approximately 5-10 minutes depending on thickness.
Next, slice chicken into strips. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat and add the spinach.
Allow the spinach to begin to wilt; then add the lemon zest and juice, chicken broth, the cooked pasta and chicken. Mix together; then stir in the cheese.
I have to say that not only was this recipe for Gluten Free Lemon Chicken Spinach Pasta delicious, we also all felt great after eating it.
The meal was very satisfying and I loved the lemony flavor combined with the grilled chicken and fresh spinach.
I did find that the more you stirred the pasta, the noodles broke apart easier and didn't hold their shape like regular pasta, but that could have just been the brand I used.
This is a fantastic meal to make during the week and to even speed up your food prep, I would grill your chicken the night before. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Gluten Free Lemon Chicken Spinach Pasta
- 1 lb. Gluten Free Pasta
- 24 oz. Boneless Chicken Breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 c. Packed Baby Spinach
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ c. Gluten Free Chicken Broth
- ½ c. Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat your grill or indoor grill pan and grill your chicken until cooked through. Approximately 5-10 minutes depending on thickness; then slice chicken into strips.
- In a large pot (you can use the same one the pasta was in while the pasta is draining), heat oil over medium heat and add the spinach.
- Allow the spinach to begin to wilt; then add the lemon zest and juice, chicken broth, the cooked pasta and chicken. Mix together; then stir in the cheese.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media