Celebrate all things Fall with these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins. At only 223 calories each, they make a tasty snack or quick, on the go breakfast.
As I mentioned last week, I love pumpkin and this cooler weather makes me crave it even more. I have a really bad tea drinking problem. Well, not necessarily a problem per se, but I do drink it ALL…DAY…LONG whether it’s tea with skim milk or just a plain Green Tea. It helps keep me going throughout the day.
One of my frequent stops is a local Dunkin’ Donuts drive through to get my daily fix when I’m on the road. Lately, if I have the kids in the car, they want the sweet stuff. Most of the time, its a “NO”, but every once in a while I give in and their favorite choices are either Pumpkin Munchkins or a Pumpkin Muffin.
So the other day I surprised them with my own homemade version of a Pumpkin Muffin and there were THRILLED. Though these are a bit smaller than the portion size at Dunkin’ Donuts, they were very filling and one was plenty…and it satisfied a few chocolate cravings as well.
For those of you keeping track of the nutritional analysis, here is the breakdown between the two muffins:
CEK 9.8g; DD 26g.
CEK 33.1g; DD 83g.
CEK 2.2g; DD 3g.
CEK 18.7g; DD 44g
CEK 2.4g; 7g
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 c . Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 c . Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp . 2% Milk
- 1 -15 oz . Can Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 1/2 c . All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp . Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp . Salt
- 1 c . Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cooking Spray, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, oil, milk and pumpkin until well blended.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the flour baking soda and salt. Add it to the liquid mixture and mix together with a spoon; then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line (or grease) a standard size muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill each cup three-quarters of the way to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the top springs back when touched. Remove from oven and let cool.