If you’re looking for quick and easy peanut butter and chocolate dessert, these Dark Chocolate Nutter Butter Truffles are just the thing.
This past weekend I hosted Bunco at my house and wanted to come up with a new, bite sized dessert. After all, there are twelve of us and by the time dessert rolls around, we’re generally full from picking on snacks and drinking our favorite beverages.
I was already making a batch of the Oreo Truffles to give to my friends husband who helps plow my driveway when my hubby is away on business, but I’ve made those before and you know me….I have to make something new! So I used the same concept as the Oreo Truffles and made these Dark Chocolate Nutter Butter Truffles.
If you LOVE peanut butter and chocolate, you will LOVE-LOVE-LOVE these! This recipe is so simple too. All you have to do is chop the cookies (I used my food processor, but if you don’t have one put the cookies in a Ziploc bag and pound them with a meat mallet or the bottom of a glass.
Hey…maybe I’ll try that anyway next time I’m feeling a bit stressed! haha), blend in the cream cheese, freeze, dip them into the melted chocolate and top with the chopped honey roasted peanuts. I opted to use dark chocolate instead of milk or white chocolate as it’s not only healthier for you, but that deep, rich color is certainly more appealing.[click_to_tweet tweet=”If you’re looking for quick and easy peanut butter and chocolate dessert, these Dark Chocolate Nutter Butter Truffles are just the thing. #desserts #chocolate #peanutbutter” quote=”If you’re looking for quick and easy peanut butter and chocolate dessert, these Dark Chocolate Nutter Butter Truffles are just the thing.”]
The nuts just gave it an extra layer of peanut-y goodness. I have to say, these Dark Chocolate Nutter Butter Truffles were a HUGE hit and everyone enjoyed them. These would make a great dessert for your Valentine, but you can show the love any day of the week. I dare you to eat just one! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 lb. Package Nabisco Nutter Butter Cookies
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 12 oz. Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 c. Honey Roasted Peanuts, chopped
- Place the cookies in your food processor and pulse until the cookies are finely chopped.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse again until the mixture is combined and a ball starts to form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make 24 balls with the cookie mixture.
- Place the entire baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to allow them to freeze.
- Remove the cookie balls from the freezer and melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate, place them back on the baking sheet and top with crushed peanuts. Repeat for all.
- When all cookie balls have been dipped, place them in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve. ( or the freezer if you can't wait and want to eat them quicker!). Store uneaten cookie balls in the refrigerator.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media