I recently received the latest Williams-Sonoma catalog in the mail and I love to peruse it each month to see what new kitchen gadgets they have; as well as look to find some new recipe inspiration. This time I found a recipe for Chick Peas with Lemon, Oregano and Olives that looked wonderful. So I decided to give it a little twist.
The day before we had grilled some sausage and had two links left over. I sliced them up, added in some chick peas, Kalamata olives, lemon and seasonings and turned it into a satisfying stand-alone meal. To me, leftovers always taste better when you can repurpose them into something else!
Inspired by Williams-Sonoma
Greek Style Sausage & Chick Peas made with Italian sausage, chickpeas, Kalamata olives, garlic, and lemon.
- 2 Italian Sausage Links, grilled and sliced diagonally into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1- 15(ounce) Can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/4 c. Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Oregano, chopped
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan; then add in the sausage. Allow to brown on both sides approximately 3-5 minutes.
Add the chick peas, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olives, parsley and oregano. Saute for approximately 5 minutes until heated through; then season with salt and pepper.