I recently received the latest Williams-Sonoma catalog in the mail and I love to peruse it each month to see what new kitchen gadgets they have; as well as look to find some new recipe inspiration.
This time I found a recipe for Chick Peas with Lemon, Oregano and Olives that looked wonderful. So I decided to give it a little twist.
How do you make Greek Sausage and Chick Peas?
For this recipe you’ll need precooked Italian sausage links, EVOO, chick peas, lemon, garlic, Kalamata olives, fresh parsley, fresh oregano, Kosher salt and black pepper.
Precooked sausage can either be baked in a 425 degree oven on a sheet pan for 30-40 minutes or grilled.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet, slice the sausage into 1/4-inch slices and add to the pan. Allow to brown on both sides approximately 3-5 minutes.
Add the chick peas, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olives, parsley and oregano. Saute for approximately 5 minutes until heated through; then season with salt and pepper.
This recipe for Greek Sausage and Chick Peas was delicious and leftovers always taste better when you can repurpose them into something else! ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
- 2 precooked Italian sausage Links, sliced diagonally into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1- (15-ounce) Can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan; then add in the sausage. Allow to brown on both sides approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chick peas, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olives, parsley and oregano. Saute for approximately 5 minutes until heated through; then season with salt and pepper.