The fresh flavor of Key limes and toasted buttery graham crackers combined to make this tart and sweet homemade Key Lime Pie Ice Cream.
This recipe for Key Lime Pie Ice Cream makes me extremely happy. Seriously. It’s probably one of the best flavors of ice cream I’ve ever had.
As some of you may know I’m not a huge ice cream fan, but certain flavors certainly grab my attention and Key lime is one of them. Key lime pie is one of my favorite desserts.
I guess it’s because the light, citrusy flavor reminds me of Summer. Mainly because I usually indulge in a slice of pie whenever we vacation on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
When I saw a recipe for No Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream on Pinterest last month created by Like Mother, Like Daughter, I couldn’t wait to try it for myself.
Making your own ice cream at home is super easy and I like knowing what ingredients go into it.
How do you make Key Lime Pie Ice Cream?
For this recipe you’ll need milk, granulated sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract, key limes, graham crackers, and butter.
Combine the milk and sugar in a bowl; then blend until the sugar is dissolved.
Stir in heavy cream, vanilla extract (I use Madagascar vanilla), fresh Key lime juice and zest, mix until blended; then pour into your pre-frozen ice cream maker insert. Allow mixture to churn and thicken for 30 minutes.
Next, combine the crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar in a bowl, place on a sheet pan and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes until lightly toasted; then cool.
When the ice cream has thickened, layer it and the toasted graham crackers in a loaf pan or plastic container. Seal tightly and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
This Key Lime Pie Ice Cream was heavenly! So rich and creamy and a definite new family favorite.
I couldn’t get over how much it tasted like the pie. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
For the Ice Cream
For the Ice Cream
- Combine the milk and sugar in a bowl; then blend together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream, vanilla extract, fresh Key lime juice and zest. Mix until blended; then pour into your pre-frozen ice cream maker insert. Allow mixture to churn and thicken for 30 minutes.
- Place half of the ice cream in a loaf pan or plastic container; then add half of the toasted graham crackers. Repeat a second layer of each; then freeze for at least 2 hours.
For the Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar, place on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes until they are lightly toasted; cool.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Shop Related Products
Connect with me on Social Media