With a few simple ingredients like heavy cream, sugar, bittersweet chocolate & toffee bits, you can make this Chocolate Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream at home.
I know I haven’t been around much this summer with new posts to share with you since I’ve been busy getting our daughter off to college and building a home remotely in FL from NJ. It’s been a little crazy to say the least. However, I made this Chocolate Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream a few weeks ago and I just HAD to share it with you before summer is officially gone!
My family really LOVES our new ice cream maker (thanks again Mom!) and I like that I can control what’s going into it and their bodies. I mean just look at your average label on a container of ice cream. Mono & Diglycerides. Whey. Annatto Color. Carrageenan. Polysorbate 80. Guar Gum. REALLY? Ice cream, though not the healthiest of snacks, should at least contain ingredients you can read. Chocolate. Heavy Cream. Sugar. Vanilla. It shouldn’t be that difficult.
This Chocolate Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream was AH-MAZ-ING! So rich and chocolatey and the Heath bits gave it a nice added crunch. If you don’t own your own ice cream maker, seriously go out and get one or put it on your gift list. The one I use is from Cuisinart and is under $100. Totally worth it!
Anyway, I know many of you have children that have already headed back to school, but for us Jersey-folk, we still have another week to go. I’ll be back up and running with more new recipes after Labor Day and look out for the return of the Monthly Newsletter as well. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
- 4 c . Heavy Cream
- 1 c . Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp . Vanilla Extract I used Madagascar
- ½ c . Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 10 oz . Ghiradelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 c . Hershey's Heath English Toffee Bits
- ½ c . Dark Chocolate chopped
- Place the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder in a large bowl and blend with an electric mixer until the sugar dissolves.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate either in the microwave or over a double boiler, allow to cool slightly, then slowly whisk the chocolate into the heavy cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your pre-frozen ice cream maker insert, turn on the machine and churn for approximately 30 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the Heath bits and chopped chocolate and mix with a spoon.
- Transfer the ice cream into an airtight freezer safe container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.