With a few simple ingredients like heavy cream, sugar, bittersweet chocolate & toffee bits, you can make this Chocolate Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream at home.
I know I haven’t been around much this summer with new posts to share with you since I’ve been busy getting our daughter off to college and building a home remotely in FL from NJ. It’s been a little crazy to say the least.
However, I made this Chocolate Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream a few weeks ago and I just HAD to share it with you before summer is officially gone!
My family really LOVES our new ice cream maker (thanks again Mom!) and I like that I can control what’s going into it and their bodies.
I mean just look at your average label on a container of ice cream. Mono & Diglycerides. Whey. Annatto Color. Carrageenan. Polysorbate 80. Guar Gum.
REALLY? Ice cream, though not the healthiest of snacks, should at least contain ingredients you can read. Chocolate. Heavy Cream. Sugar. Vanilla. It shouldn’t be that difficult.
This Chocolate Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream was AH-MAZ-ING! So rich and chocolatey and the toffee bits gave it a nice added crunch. If you don’t own your own ice cream maker, seriously go out and get one or put it on your gift list.
The one I use is from Cuisinart and is under $100. Totally worth it!
Anyway, I know many of you have children that have already headed back to school, but for us Jersey-folk, we still have another week to go. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Chocolate Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
- 4 c. Heavy Cream
- 1 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract (I used Madagascar)
- ½ c. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 10 oz. Ghiradelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 c. Hershey's Heath English Toffee Bits
- ½ c. Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Place the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder in a large bowl and blend with an electric mixer until the sugar dissolves.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate either in the microwave or over a double boiler, allow to cool slightly, then slowly whisk the chocolate into the heavy cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your pre-frozen ice cream maker insert, turn on the machine and churn for approximately 30 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the Heath bits and chopped chocolate and mix with a spoon.
- Transfer the ice cream into an airtight freezer safe container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
Don’t forget to check out my Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts Pinterest Board too!
This post includes links to my affiliate account at Amazon.com where Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen earns a few cents on the dollar when readers like yourself purchase the items I recommend. Thank you for supporting Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen when you shop at Amazon!
*Originally shared August 2014/Updated June 2018