This homemade Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream made with fresh cherries, Madagascar vanilla, heavy cream, milk and sugar is super creamy and refreshing.
Ever since I got a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, my family has been spoiled rotten. No more trips to the store for last minute ice cream cravings; especially since I’ve been making homemade ice cream now for weeks. The family absolutely loves it! I try to use up ingredients I have on hand. This time, a bunch of fresh cherries were on the chopping block when I created this homemade Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream.
I have to say, even though I’m not a huge fan of ice cream, this one was INCREDIBLE! I have tried to cut back on the heavy cream by substituting with more milk or half and half and it didn’t come out so well. I guess for me, if I’m going to eat ice cream 3-4 times a year, I’m going all out. Give this Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream a try. It’s super simple to put together, makes 12 half cup servings and you’ll love it ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 c . 2% Milk
- 1 c . Granulated Sugar
- 3 c . Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp . Vanilla Extract I used Madagascar
- 2 c . Cherries pitted and chopped in half or quarters
- Combine the milk and sugar in a bowl and whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla and cherries and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your pre-frozen ice cream maker insert, turn on the machine and churn for approximately 30 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer the ice cream into an airtight freezer safe container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.