Grilled Chicken Panini with pesto, Mozzarella cheese and fresh tomato on Italian Panella bread.
I love my Cuisinart Griddler/Panini maker. Not only does it make a great sandwich like this Grilled Chicken Panini with Classic Pesto, I also use it to grill meats and vegetables during the colder months. Especially when I have a foot of snow on my deck!
The other night was one of those nights where I had about 30 minutes to cook dinner after I got home from carting the kids where they needed to be. I prepared these sandwiches ahead of time so that all I had to do was grill them.
How Do I Make Grilled Chicken & Pesto Panini?
First, you'll need to make Pesto by adding fresh basil, EVOO, garlic, salt, Pecorino Romano cheese and pine nuts (optional) in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
Next, grill your chicken on your indoor griddle for 2-3 minutes depending on thickness. Remove and let cool; then assemble your sandwiches. I used the thin sliced boneless chicken breasts.
How Do I Assemble the Panini?
Step 1. Spreading some pesto on each side of the bread.
Step 2. Add grilled chicken, tomato slices and fresh mozzarella to one half of the bread then the top piece of bread. Repeat for remaining three sandwiches.
Step 3. Spray each side of the sandwich with cooking spray, close your grill/panini cover and squeeze down to form marks on the bread. The sandwich is done when it's golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Pretty simple right? I haven't made these panini's in a long time and was so happy to have found these buried here on the blog. Guess what we're having for dinner this week? ????
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
More Sandwich Recipes
- Brie and Raspberry Jam Panini
- Rib Eye Steak Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Roast Beef and Asiago Panini
- Irish Sliders
- Chicken Cutlet Sandwich with Bacon, Avocado and Pesto
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Grilled Chicken & Pesto Panini
For the Panini
- 8 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1 medium italian panella bread, sliced (or any other loaf of round bread)
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- prepared pesto
- cooking spray
For the Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil, firmly packed
- ¼ cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Panini
- Lightly spray cooking spray on your grill pan and cook chicken until it is cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes per side(depending on thickness). Remove and cool.
- Assemble your sandwiches by spreading some prepared pesto on each side of the bread.
- Next, add your grilled chicken, tomato and mozzarella to one half of the bread then the top piece of bread. Repeat for remaining three sandwiches.
- Spray each side of the sandwich with cooking spray, close your grill/panini cover and squeeze down to form marks on the bread. The sandwich is done when it's golden brown and the cheese is melted.
For the Pesto
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until well mixed and the basil is a paste-like consistency. Makes ⅓ cup.
Connect with me on Social Media