Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans made with navy beans, maple syrup, brown sugar, peppers and onions are the perfect addition to your Summer BBQ plans.
When people think of making homemade baked beans, the general consensus is that they take hours to make; when in actuality you can make tasty beans right at home in a little over an hour. I first made this recipe this past summer and brought it to a family gathering.
Everyone loved them! I never got around to posting the recipe, but with March Madness coming up, these Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans would be the perfect addition to your viewing party.
How do you make Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans?
For this recipe I started off by rendering some bacon in my Dutch oven on top of the stove; then added onions, peppers and garlic.
Next I added tomato paste, water, vinegar, brown sugar, maple syrup and canned Navy beans; which I prefer using over the dry version so I don't have to soak the beans overnight.
I then allowed everything to simmer on top of the stove for about an hour until all of the flavors melded together, but if you want to put them in your slow cooker to cook over a slower period of time, that would work too.
These beans were delicious. Seriously, I could have made a meal just on these beans alone. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Stovetop Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, render the bacon until it's cooked through and crispy; then add the onion, peppers and garlic and saute 3-5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Next, stir in the tomato paste, water, vinegar, sugar, maple syrup and beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover the pot and cook for 1-1 ½ hours; stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Check out these other baked bean recipes!
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
- Kielbasa and White Bean Soup by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie's Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Colombian Red beans - Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands