Tender center cut pork cutlets lightly breaded with potato flakes, mustard and fresh sage; then fried until golden brown.
During my youngest daughters recent Back to School Night, the other parents and myself nestled into our seats waiting for the Principal to give her speech and found goodie bags on each chair. In these bags were several items including a bag of Idaho Spuds Instant Mashed Potatoes.
Now, since I don’t normally eat prepackaged potatoes, I was challenged by several of my friends to create something with them..And of course, I could not refuse! 🙂
I had done this once before with my recipe for Potato Encrusted Fried Shrimp so I figured it would work just as well with pork cutlets and my assumptions were correct. Since I didn’t have a lot of these potatoes, I added some Panko breadcrumbs so that I had enough breading, but for a Gluten Free option, you can use all instant potatoes.
These Mustard & Sage Potato Encrusted Pork Cutlets were crunchy and mouthwateringly good! They even tasted great reheated as leftovers and you know how much I despise leftovers. 🙂
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Mustard & Sage Potato Encrusted Pork Cutlets
- Trim the fat from the meat and slice horizontally into 3 cutlets per chop; then pound evenly with a meat mallet
- In one bowl, combine the instant potatoes, breadcrumbs, dry mustard and sage; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and Dijon mustard; mix well.
- In the third bowl, add the flour.
- Bread the cutlets by dipping them first into the flour, then egg wash then breading mixture.
- Heat approximately 1/2" of oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the cutlets until cooked through; approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
“Made this tonight-Delish!” ~Christopher M. on Facebook