Are you looking for a low carb, easy to prepare weeknight meal? This Sheet Pan Italian Style Chicken Sausage & Vegetables made on one sheet pan is it!
Recently, I attempted to try Whole30 and only stuck to the complete program consistently for about 1 week before altering it to suit our dietary needs. You see, eating coconut amongst other things, while it may be good for some, is not good for me.
I have high cholesterol and doing Whole30 caused my levels to elevate and I gained even more weight on top of it instead of losing! One of the meals I made to be compliant was this Sheet Pan Italian Style Chicken Sausage & Vegetables.
Even though I ditched Whole30, the program did teach me that I do feel better physically without consuming dairy and wheat, so I’ve really been trying to cut those two out of my weekly diet. Surprisingly enough, it’s not as hard as I thought it would be.
While I was food shopping at my local BJ’s Wholesale Club, I was looking for something new to make in the meat isle and came across Italian style chicken sausage. It’s made by Wellsley Farms and was gluten free, no artificial ingredients or MSG/Nitrites…even better!
One of my favorite meals to make lately are on a sheet pan because you can just throw whatever you have on hand on them and cook all at once. Simple to make, delicious and little to clean up!
How do you make Sheet Pan Italian Style Chicken Sausage & Vegetables?
For this recipe I added fresh broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic and sweet potatoes. I then drizzled some extra virgin olive oil on top, sprinkled with a little Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper and dinner was ready in about 40 minutes.
What I liked about this meal was that it was loaded with flavor. Add your own vegetables like mushrooms, onions, or peppers to make it how you like it. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 5 links sweet Italian style chicken sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch round
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and large dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and large dice
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher slt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the sausage, broccoli, zucchini, garlic, potatoes and tomatoes to a baking sheet; then drizzle the oil on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and golden.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Here are more sheet pan dinner recipe ideas you might like to try:
- Sriracha Spiced Shrimp & Broccoli from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Lemon Butter Salmon with Potatoes and Asparagus from Scrummy Lane
- Sheet Pan Herb Roasted Turkey and Cranberry Pecan Stuffing from Damn Delicious
Connect with me on Social Media