Spicy Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs made with lean ground beef, Mozzarella sticks and your favorite spicy bbq sauce make a tasty appetizer or fun meal for the kids!
When I first wrote this post back in 2012, I was given a jar of spicy bbq sauce from Garlic Head to make these Spicy Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs.
This recipe was originally created when I was asked to bring an appetizer to a party and thought bite sized meatballs would be perfect. They were a HUGE hit; not to mention they were so easy to make too!
I called them ‘spicy’ because I used spicy bbq sauce at the time. They were great, but most of the time I’ve used a milder version because my kids prefer them that way.
How do you make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs?
For this recipe you’ll need lean ground beef, your favorite bbq sauce, Italian breadcrumbs, and Mozzarella string cheese.
You’ll want to cut the string cheese into round slices and got 15 slices per stick.
Start by combining the ground beef, bbq sauce and breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
Next, form a small bite-sized meatball and place one slice of cheese into the center.
Press the meat together around the cheese so it’s covered and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the beef mixture has been used. I got about 42 meatballs per 1 pound of ground beef.
Finally, bake in a 425 degree F preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the beef is cooked and the cheese starts to ooze from the center. Serve hot and serve with the bbq dipping sauce.
There’s something about Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs that makes everyone happy. Adults love them because they make a tasty, quick appetizer or game day snack.
Kids love them because they’re bite sized and are perfect for weeknight dinners. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 c. BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 c. Italian Breadcrumbs
- 3 Mozzarella String Cheese, cut into 15 round slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Form a small, bite-sized meatball and place one slice of cheese into the center, forming the meat around the cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes until the meat is brown and cheese starts to ooze out of the center. Serve hot with extra bbq sauce for dipping.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA