Thin cut beef brisket topped with garlic and fresh rosemary; then slowly roasted with Italian Tuscan red wine.
Growing up, beef brisket was not something we normally ate in our home. In fact, the first time I made this recipe was about seven or eight years ago.
I had grown tired of cooking the same standard roasts that we would always make for holidays or Sunday dinners.
Luckily for me, my family likes to try new things. In fact, every holiday or family gathering, my husband insists that there is at least one new item on the menu.
I originally posted this recipe back in July 2011 along with a recipe for potato pancakes, but recently opened up my cookbook during one of our many recent homebound snowstorms and made this Tuscan-Style Beef Brisket again.
This brisket recipe is simple and makes a flavorful au jus when served so there is no need for gravy. I've made this recipe several times now over the years and it comes out perfectly every time.
- Small Bowl
- Roasting Pan
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
Thin Cut Flat Beef Brisket: Though you can use this recipe on any cut of beef, we prefer the think cut flat brisket.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Dry Red Tuscan Wine: Remember, if you can't drink wine by itself, you shouldn't be cooking with it. Look for one with a decent wine rating, that isn't overly expensive.
Beef Broth: You can use any variety such as regular, bone broth or lower sodium
How do you make Tuscan-Style Beef Brisket?
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, oil, salt and pepper until it forms a paste. Add the meat to a roasting pan; then add the meat with the rosemary mixture.
Next, add the half of the wine and half of the beef broth to the bottom of the pan and bake for 4 hours; basting every 30 minutes.
Add the remaining wine and broth as the liquid evaporates. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes; then slice diagonally across the grain. Pour remaining au jus on top of cut meat.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Beef Brisket Recipes
- Italian Style Beef Brisket
- Crock Pot Kahlua Beef Brisket
- Braised Cinnamon Whiskey Beef Brisket
- Marsala and Lemon Roasted Beef Brisket
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Tuscan-Style Beef Brisket
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, oil, salt and pepper until it forms a paste.
- Add the meat to a roasting pan and baste the meat with the paste.
- Add the half of the wine and half of the beef broth to the bottom of the pan and bake for 4 hours; basting every 30 minutes. Add the remaining wine and broth as the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes; then slice diagonally across the grain. Pour remaining au jus on top of cut meat.
Calories 415, Carbs 0g, Fat 33.5g, Protein 28.1g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 0g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.
Connect with me on Social Media
*Originally shared February 2014/Updated September 2022