Growing up, beef brisket was not something we normally ate in our home. In fact, the first time I made this recipe was about seven or eight years ago when I got tired of cooking the same standard roasts that we would always make for holidays or Sunday dinners. Luckily for me, my family likes to try new things. In fact, every holiday or family gathering, my husband insists that there is at least one new item on the menu.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Tuscan-Style Beef Brisket
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, oil, salt and pepper until it forms a paste.
- Add the meat to a roasting pan and baste the meat with the paste.
- Add the half of the wine and half of the beef broth to the bottom of the pan and bake for 4 hours; basting every 30 minutes. Add the remaining wine and broth as the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes; then slice diagonally across the grain. Pour remaining au jus on top of cut meat.
Calories 415, Carbs 0g, Fat 33.5g, Protein 28.1g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 0g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.