Sun Dried Tomato Risotto is a creamy, rice side dish that makes the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Tastes great with grilled chicken, fish or beef.
I first shared this recipe for Sun Dried Tomato Risotto about 5 years ago, but when it was published in my cookbook, I took it off of the website. Recently, I’ve been making some of my favorite recipes again from the book and this risotto is one of my favorites.
For this recipe you’ll need: Arborio rice (which is an Italian short grain rice), sun dried tomatoes, garlic, chicken broth, Pecorino Romano cheese and butter. Start off by browning the rice in a bit of butter; then gradually add the liquid.
I’ve seen recipes that add all of the liquid needed at the same time, but I find my risotto comes out creamier when I add a little liquid at a time. Just before the last bit of liquid is added, stir in your chopped sun dried tomatoes and cheese until all of the liquid has evaporated; then add the remaining butter and stir until creamy.
This recipe for Sun Dried Tomato Risotto is so easy to make, but you must be a little patient. Good things do come to those that wait after all. I’ve made this risotto mainly as a side dish, but for a complete meal idea you could add cooked chicken, fish or beef. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Sun Dried Tomato Risotto
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and add the garlic and rice. Heat over medium heat until butter melts and rice gets slightly browned.
- Gradually add 1 cup at a time of the chicken broth, allowing the liquid to evaporate after each addition. When the liquid from the last addition of the broth has almost evaporated, stir in the tomatoes and cheese.
- When the last of the liquid has evaporated, add the remaining 1 tbsp butter and stir until the butter has melted and the risotto is creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
- Garden Vegetable Risotto (Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen)
- Broccoli & Cheese Risotto (Big Bear’s Wife)
- Spinach Risotto (Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen)
- Mushroom Risotto (A Family Feast)