Honey Mustard Chicken Cutlets with Arugula Salad is a quick and easy, deliciously filling meal for a busy weeknight; especially during those warm summer months when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
Recently, as I was about to prepare dinner one evening, it was too hot to turn the oven on, but was raining so I didn’t feel like grilling. Instead, I decided to make these Honey Mustard Chicken Cutlets with Arugula Salad.
One of my favorite meals to order out is Pollo Milanese; which is boneless chicken pounded thin and pan fried; then topped with chopped mix green salad that is lightly tossed in a vinaigrette. It’s simple, filling and delicious every time. It’s my summer go-to dining out meal so to speak.
I wanted to make a new kind of cutlet recipe so instead of breading my chicken in the regular flour, egg and breadcrumb like I usually do, I decided to try an alternative method.
How do you make Honey Mustard Chicken Cutlets?
First, I dredged the chicken into flour like I normally do. Next, I combined honey and mustard in a bowl and whisked it together until it was smooth instead of using eggs; then dipped the floured chicken into this mixture.
You can use any flavor mustard you prefer, but I like mine on the spicy side so I used a horseradish mustard. Finally, dip the chicken into Panko breadcrumbs.
I like using Panko breadcrumbs when frying as it gives your food an extra crispy coating. Once all of the chicken has been breaded, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and fry chicken approximately 4-6 minutes per side depending on the size and thickness of your chicken.
While the chicken is frying, combine arugula, shaved carrots, extra virgin olive oil and your favorite vinegar. I chose to use a Maple Balsamic vinegar and the flavor combination with the mustard and honey was amazing!
This recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken Cutlets with Arugula Salad was delicious. In fact, I think it’s my new favorite way to eat them. Dinner is ready in under 30 minutes and you don’t need to turn on the oven; which comes in super handy when the weather gets to be too hot.
My family loved these chicken cutlets just as much as I did; however, my youngest isn’t a huge fan of arugula so I made hers with chopped romaine lettuce instead. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Honey Mustard Chicken Cutlets with Arugula Salad
- 4-6 oz . Boneless Chicken Breasts pounded
- 1/2 c . All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 c . Honey
- 1/2 c . Mustard, I used horseradish mustard
- 1/2 c . Water
- 2 c . Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp . Canola Oil, or other light frying oil
- 4 oz . Arugula
- 1 tbsp . Vinegar, I used Maple Balsamic
- 2 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Dredge the chicken into the flour.
- Next, combine the honey, mustard and water in a bowl and whisk together until smooth; then dip the chicken into the mixture.
- Finally, dip the chicken into breadcrumbs until all pieces have been coated.
- Once all of the chicken has been breaded, heat oil in a large frying pan and cook chicken approximately 4-6 minutes per side depending on the size and thickness of your chicken.
- While the chicken is frying, combine arugula, shaved carrots, extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. Mix well then place on top of the cooked chicken
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.