This recipe for Angel Hair Pasta with Bruschetta Vodka Sauce is so simple to make. Make it fresh, utilize leftovers or take some shortcuts and use already prepared products for a quick and delicious weeknight meal the entire family will love.
When I first graduated from college and was sharing an apartment with my childhood BFF in my early 20’s, we used to eat pasta A LOT for dinner. It was cheap and you could prepare it so many different ways. I would use whatever leftover meat or vegetables I had and turn it into a new pasta dish.
Thus another new meal to eat for dinner was born. See, even back then I was experimenting with my food! I do the same thing now and this time I used some leftover bruschetta and marinara sauce I had in the freezer to create this Angel Hair Pasta with Bruschetta Vodka Sauce.
Making your own vodka sauce is super simple, but if you prefer store bought use what you feel most comfortable with. Here is how to make your own vodka sauce.
- Start with your favorite marinara sauce. (Homemade or store bought; whichever you prefer)
- For every 2 cups of marinara sauce, add 1/4 c. vodka, 1/4 c. heavy cream (or half and half) and crushed red pepper (adjust to your liking)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook until heated through (approx. 8-10 minutes)
And now for the bruschetta. You can find my recipe here and I can usually whip up a quick batch in about 5 minutes. We like it on top of toasted bread, on top of chicken cutlets and if I have some left, I’ll even throw it on top of a tossed salad. If you want to go the semi-homemade route for this recipe, you can usually find pre-made bruschetta in your local grocery store.
So how do you make this recipe for Angel Hair Pasta with Bruschetta Vodka Sauce? Well now that we have all of our base ingredients taken care of it’s really 1…2…3!
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Combine the 2 cups of vodka sauce with 1 cup of bruschetta and cook until heated through. (If you don’t have bruschetta on hand, simply add some chopped tomatoes, onions, basil and a drop or two of balsamic vinegar to the vodka sauce).
- Combine the cooked pasta with the sauce and serve!
Easy right?! I can’t believe I never tried combining these ingredients before and my family REALLY loved the flavor. From start to finish, this Angel Hair Pasta with Bruschetta Vodka Sauce was ready in about 20 minutes and serves about 6 people (give or take; especially those of you with growing boys with huge appetites at home!). ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 lb . Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 c . Prepared Vodka Sauce
- 1 c . Prepared Bruschetta
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Combine vodka sauce and bruschetta in a small saucepan and cook until heated through.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the sauce.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
What is your favorite type of pasta?