Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole made with lean ground beef and egg noodles in a creamy bacon cheese sauce is sure to please.
When thinking about what recipe I’m going to experiment with next, I sometimes look to what you’re searching for on the website. Even though we don’t tend to eat a lot of casseroles, everyone seems to love them.
Since so many of you enjoy bacon + cheeseburgers + casseroles, I made this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole. It seemed like it would be a Win-Win.
Thankfully I was right; well at least in our home it was a big hit. But then again, anything “mac and cheese” related is popular in our house. Plus, casseroles are great for dinner.
Not only are they easy to make, you can stretch out your ingredients so they’re generally inexpensive to make while feeding a lot of people at the same time.
How do you make Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole?
For this recipe you’ll need bacon, lean ground beef, egg noodles, butter, flour, cream cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, and half & half. Since I’m calling it “cheeseburger” I used ground beef, but you could always substitute ground chicken or turkey.
This is one of those meals with a few steps, but you can multi-task and do some of them at the same time. I was able to do all steps in 30 minutes before popping the casserole into the oven.
Cook the Pasta
Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil, add the egg noodles; then cook until they are al dente. Drain the water; then place the noodles back in the pot. You don’t want them super soft because they will continue to cook in the casserole.
Brown the Ground Beef
Cook the Bacon
While the pasta and ground beef are cooking, cook the bacon. I prefer cooking the bacon on top of the stove, but here are a few other options:
- Cook the bacon on top of the stove in a skillet over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes until both sides are crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel to remove excess grease; then crumble.
- Place the bacon on a microwave safe plate and cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Remove and crumble.
- Purchase precooked bacon or bacon bits.
Make the Cheese Sauce
Mix well until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened; then season with salt and pepper.
Assemble the Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Now it’s time to put the casserole together! In the pot where you put the cooked egg noodles back in, add the ground beef, crumbled bacon and cheese sauce.
Mix well; then pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Place in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes until hot and bubbly; then serve.
Since this recipe involves a few steps, you can make this the night before and refrigerate. However, leave out the cheese sauce until you are ready to bake. If you put it all together, the sauce will soak into the noodles too much and the casserole will be dry.
My family loved the creaminess of this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole and tasted just like a burger in pasta form. This recipe serves 8, was super cheesy and delicious! ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES.
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the egg noodles; then cook until they are al dente. Drain the water; then place the noodles back in the pot. (You don't want them super soft because they will continue to cook in the casserole.)
- While the pasta is cooking, add the ground beef to a nonstick skillet, break it up with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink. Drain the grease, then add it to the cooked pasta.
- While the pasta and ground beef are cooking, cook the bacon until it's crispy; then crumble once cooled and place it in the pot with the cooked pasta and beef.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; then whisk in the flour to form a roux.
- Add the half & half and stir until the roux has dissolved; then add the cream and Cheddar cheeses. Mix well until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened; then season with salt and pepper and pour into the pot with the cooked pasta, ground beef and bacon.
- Mix well; then pour the contents into a 9" x 13" baking dish. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly; serve.
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!