These frozen Halloween Banana Mummies made with fresh bananas, white chocolate and candy eyes are a fun treat to celebrate the ghoulish holiday.
I saw these frozen chocolate covered bananas decorated like mummies in a magazine years ago and thought they were so cute, I made them myself a few years ago.
Unfortunately, like several old recipes, these Halloween Banana Mummies were only shared with my newsletter readers. Being that we’re officially in October now and Halloween is just around the corner, I wanted to make sure everyone got to see this easy Halloween treat.
As far as Halloween goes, I don’t usually do much for this holiday. Our neighborhood is pretty spread out, so when the kids were younger it was hard for them to walk the entire thing without getting exhausted.
So we used to just leave a bowl of candy on our front porch and head over to my in laws development where it was a flat circle to go around. When we got home, barely any candy was gone anyway and we wound up eating it ourselves.
When I saw these banana mummies I thought they’d make a nice treat for the kids and still be a little bit healthier than eating an entire bowl of candy. Besides, my kids were never really big on candy anyway and would have some left until Christmas so it really was a waste.
How do you make Banana Mummies?
For this recipe you’ll need bananas, lollipop sticks, white chocolate, and mini M&M candies for the eyes.
Start by peeling the bananas; then cut them in half horizontally. Place the stick in the bottom of the banana and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 2 hours or until the bananas are solid.
Melt the chocolate according to package directions. Sometimes white chocolate doesn’t melt that well. If it’s too thick, gradually add a little oil (1 tbsp. at a time) until it thins out. Another option is to use milk or dark chocolate.
Remove the bananas from the freezer, dip them in the chocolate until all sides are coated and place two M&M’s of the same color for the eyes near the top. Place the bananas back on the parchment paper until all six bananas have been coated.
Drizzle lines with the chocolate across the bananas so that they look like bandages. I used a kitchen teaspoon, but a squirt bottle or pastry bag with fine tip would probably work better. Place the bananas back in the freezer until ready to serve.
My kids loved these fun frozen Halloween Banana Mummies and had so much fun making them as well. ~Enjoy!
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Halloween Banana Mummies
- Cut the bananas in half horizontally, place the stick in the bottom and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 2 hours or until the bananas are solid.
- Melt the chocolate according to package directions.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer, dip in the chocolate until all sides are coated and place two M&M's of the same color for the eyes near the top. Place back on the parchment paper until all six bananas have been coated.
- Drizzle lines across the bananas so that they look like bandages. (I used a kitchen teaspoon, but a squirt bottle or pastry bag with fine tip would work better).
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Frankenstein Mini Cheesecakes from Home.Made.Interest
- Marshmallow Ghost Donuts from Crayons and Cravings
Shop Related Products