This kid approved Cheeseburger Macaroni is super simple and quick to make on top of the stove using just a few ingredients.
The weather here in NJ has been horrible lately with rain almost every day. I hate rain or rather I hate getting wet. But with a lot of rainy days comes that melancholy feeling for comfort foods.
Last week, my kids were begging for this Cheeseburger Macaroni and said that I haven’t made it in YEARS. Do you hear their whining voices? Well, it wasn’t years, but it has been quite a while.
What is Cheeseburger Macaroni?
Cheeseburger Macaroni is a combination of your favorite pasta and ground beef in a cheesy sauce. Start by cooking the pasta according to package directions, drain; then set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, brown your ground beef on top of the stove in a skillet over medium high heat until cooked through. Remove the meat from the pan; then set aside.
In the same pan, melt butter; then add flour to form a roux. Next add milk and American cheese; then stir until all of the cheese has melted and the sauce is thick. Add the cooked pasta and meat; then mix together.
My kids LOVE this recipe and make it quite often themselves. If you want to lighten this up even more, you can use ground chicken or turkey instead of the beef. Also, add some vegetables for more fiber. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 lb. Pasta
- 1 lb. Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 c. Milk
- 8 oz. Sliced American Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, brown the ground beef over medium heat on top of the stove. Remove from pan draining off any excess liquid; then set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter; then stir in the flour forming a roux. Next, add the milk and cheese and stir until all of the cheese has melted and sauce becomes thick.
- Add the ground beef and pasta back into the pan, mix well and season with salt and pepper.