Chocolate Chip Mint Pie made with cream cheese, condensed milk, dark chocolate and mint in an Oreo crust is perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations!
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and even though my ancestry says I’m only 22% Irish, I do love Irish food as much as the next person. Every year I try to make one or two new recipes to celebrate the occasion and this year I made this really simple Chocolate Chip Mint Pie.
I’m not saying that this pie is Irish by any means, but since it is green in color, I’d say anything goes right? At least it’s better than the green beer I drank in college!
If you’ve been following me for a while, you also know thatI’m not a huge baker; so like many of my other desserts, this pie is pretty simple to make too. This recipe makes two pies and I opted to use pre-made Oreo pie crusts.
If you want to do the extra work, by all means mash up your own Oreos with melted butter and bake the crust before adding the filling, but for me this was 10x easier!
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Add cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, mint extract, and green food coloring to a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer until smooth.
You can omit the food coloring if you don’t want the green color. Next, add chopped dark chocolate and mix well.
Pour the batter into the two Oreo crusts and bake for 30-35 minutes until the top springs back slightly when touched. While the pie is in the oven, you can make your whipped cream.
Combine heavy cream, vanilla extract and confectioners sugar in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to top your mint pie.
After the pie is removed from the oven, allow to cool completely; then top with whipped cream. You can also add cocoa powder or shaved chocolate to the top for garnish. My family couldn’t get enough of this Chocolate Chip Mint Pie, it was so delicious and creamy!
The Oreo crust gave it a nice flavor as well, but you could also use a graham cracker crust if you’d like too. I can’t wait to make this pie again for St. Patrick’s Day. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
For the Pie
- 2 Oreo pie crusts
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1- (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
For the Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the cream cheese, milk, eggs, mint extract, and green food coloring to a large mixing bowl and blend until smooth; then fold in the dark chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the two Oreo crusts and bake for 30-35 minutes until the top springs back slightly when touched.
- After the pie is removed from the oven, allow to cool completely; then top with whipped cream.
For the Whipped Cream
- Combine the heavy cream, vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and mix with a blender until stiff peaks form. Chill in the refrigerator until you're ready to top your mint pie.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.