Fried artichoke hearts with rosemary garlic aioli is a deliciously light and flavorful appetizer that's perfect for Springtime or holiday gatherings.
A few weeks ago, we went out to dinner with my in-laws to celebrate my MIL birthday. The restaurant was named Grato, and they had Fried Artichokes on their appetizer menu. They sounded so good and different so we ordered them and they did not disappoint.
I like to try to replicate dishes that I've enjoyed out at home as soon as I can so that the flavor is still etched in my mind and I have something to compare it to.
I've seen recipes where they use the fresh, whole baby artichokes, but it seemed like such a waste as you have to peel away so many leaves in order to get to the softer petals.
These Fried Artichokes with Rosemary-Garlic Aioli were delicious and so easy to make. If you have a deep fryer, you can use that as well, but I wanted to limit the amount of oil used in this dish as much as possible.
The Rosemary-Garlic Aioli also gave these fried artichokes so much added flavor. They are now a new favorite and I'm sure I'll be making them again very soon! ~Enjoy!
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
- canned whole artichoke hearts
- olive oil
- fresh chopped rosemary
How do you make Fried Artichoke Hearts?
Cut the artichokes in half vertically down the center and drain on paper towels to remove the moisture. Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium high heat; then place the artichokes in the oil.
Fry 3-4 minutes per side until they have browned slightly. Remove from oil and drain.
Next make the Rosemary-Garlic Aioli by adding the garlic, mayonnaise, oil and rosemary to a mini food chopper or blender and pulse until thick and creamy.
Get my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
More Artichoke Recipes
- Stuffed Artichokes
- Artichoke Pesto Orzo Salad
- Spinach and Artichoke Flatbread
- Artichoke Dip
- Italian Sausage, Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato Risotto
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Fried Artichoke Hearts with Rosemary-Garlic Aioli
For the Fried Artichokes
- 1- (14-ounce) can whole artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Fried Artichokes
- Cut the artichokes in half vertically down the center and drain on paper towels to remove the moisture.
- Heat oil in a large,nonstick saute pan over medium high heat; then place the artichokes in the oil.
- Fry 3-4 minutes per side until they have browned slightly. Remove from oil and drain.
For the Rosemary-Garlic Aioli
- Add the garlic, mayonnaise, oil and rosemary to a mini food chopper or blender and pulse until thick and creamy.