Eat these Lemon Pecan Muffins for breakfast or afternoon snack. They’re deliciously light with a hint of lemon flavor.
I love just about anything with lemon and since I haven’t made a new dessert or snack since the Flourless Lemon Almond Torte back in March, it was about time for a new experiment. I actually found a few of my other muffin recipes and took pieces from each one to create these Lemon-Pecan Muffins.
I’m a “throw it all in together” kind of baker and don’t like to make desserts that are overly complicated. Well, at least they seem complicated to me. Cooking is definitely more my forte! These Lemon-Pecan Muffins were DELICIOUS and so light and airy. They were more like a cupcake than a muffin and had just the right amount of lemon and the right combination of tart and sweet.
The family loved them and the girls were pleasantly surprised when they came home from school to find them last week. They ate some for snack and a quick breakfast on the go, I enjoyed mine with cup of tea in the afternoon and then froze the rest to pick on in the coming weeks. If you prefer, you can also make this recipe in a loaf pan to make a quick bread instead; then slice and sprinkle with a little powdered sugar to serve for dessert or Mother’s Day Brunch. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 c . Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp . Vanilla Extract
- 1 c . Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 c . Milk
- 2 Lemons zest and juice
- 3 1/2 c . All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp . Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp . Baking Soda
- 1 tsp . Baking Powder
- 1/2 c . Chopped Pecans
- Cooking Spray if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil, milk, lemon zest and juice.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until blended; then stir in the pecans.
- Line cupcake tins with liners or spray with cooking spray; then add batter until it is three-quarters of the way filled.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.