This healthy quinoa salad tossed with fresh avocado and tomatoes in a lime vinaigrette is light and delicious.
I only started cooking with quinoa about a year ago and so far, I’ve been able to get my family to eat it in salads.
I love the crunchy, nutty texture of quinoa and how it takes on whatever flavors are added to it. And this Avocado Quinoa Salad was no exception.
Originally, I had set out to make some pico de gallo to be mixed with the quinoa, but then realized my jalapeño pepper had seen better days. I was also out of cilantro, so I came up with this recipe for Avocado Quinoa Salad instead.
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
- black pepper
Before we begin to make the quinoa salad, here is a tip on how to slice grape or cherry tomatoes in half the time!
How to slice grape tomatoes?
- Wash your cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Get two plastic lids and place the tomatoes in between the two tops. I used the tops from my Rubbermaid plastic containers inverted.
- Take a sharp knife and holding the top lid, slide the knife through the two tops horizontally; cutting through the tomatoes.
How do you make Avocado Quinoa Salad?
Start by adding the water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa; then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
Allow the quinoa to cool completely; approximately 1 hour; then fluff with a fork.
Add the quinoa to a bowl; then add the avocado, garlic, tomatoes, lime zest and juice and oil; mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
This Avocado Quinoa Salad is an incredibly light and delicious dish with nutty quinoa, creamy avocado, and the zesty flavor of garlic and lime. Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Quinoa Recipes
- Sun Dried Tomato Balsamic Quinoa Salad
- Tomato &Cucumber Quinoa Salad
- Blueberry, Pecan and Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Grilled Squash Quinoa Salad
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 avocado (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 lime (zest and juice0
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (or other light oil)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Start by adding the water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa; then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- Allow the quinoa to cool completely; approximately 1 hour; then fluff with a fork.
- Add the quinoa to a bowl; then add the avocado, garlic, tomatoes, lime zest and juice and oil; mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Leave a Reply