Turn your garden fresh zucchini into a healthy snack or appetizer with these Zucchini Pizzas. The kids will love them.
I first saw these Zucchini Pizzas a few years ago in a magazine, but never made them myself because I didn’t think my youngest would like them. She’ll eat zucchini if I hide it in something like muffins or sauce, but would generally pass it by if it was grilled our sauteed as a vegetable.
I had a little homemade marinara sauce and some low fat shredded mozzarella cheese left over so I decided to try out this Zucchini Pizza recipe on them one afternoon to see if it could pass the “kid” taste taste.
Not only did they both LOVE these Zucchini Pizzas, they devoured them! And I liked that they were healthier for them too. Cooking time may vary slightly depending on how thick you cut the zucchini so watch to make sure the zucchini doesn’t get too soft in the oven.
Serve these Zucchini Pizzas as an after school snack or as an appetizer or vegetable at your next gathering. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Turn your garden fresh zucchini into a healthy snack with these Zucchini Pizzas. The kids will love them.
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 1/2 c . Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 c . Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tbsp . Dried or Fresh Chopped Basil
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Rinse the zucchini under cool water and pat dry. Trim the ends; then slice the zucchini diagonally in 1/2" thick slices and place on the baking sheet.
- Add a thin layer of sauce, cheese and basil to the top of each zucchini round; then bake 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve hot.
Calories 43, Fat 1.7g, Carbs 5.9g, Fiber 1.6g, Sugar 3.2g, Protein 2.2g, Points+=1
*Nutritional information provided by Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media