Lemon Dill Grilled Chicken marinated in a brine of fresh lemon juice and dill; then grilled are juicy and delicious.
A few weeks ago I came up with this simple new lemon-dill brine and marinated some center cut pork chops; then grilled it to juicy perfection. They were delicious and incredibly moist, BUT I never took a photo of them for the blog.
I then hosted a small bbq about a week or two after that and again used this lemon-dill brine, but this time I used chicken tenderloins. And to no surprise, they were a HUGE hit, but again…no photo. So I just HAD to make this recipe for Lemon Dill Grilled Chicken one more time just so that I can photograph it for all of you.
Oh, who am I kidding! It truly was my pleasure and I’d make these again and again if I had to. The flavor is delicately light and goes perfectly with just about anything you would like to serve with it. When I made them with the pork, I served them with steamed carrots and for the bbq, we had a variety of salads to go with it.Lemon Dill Grilled Chicken marinated in a brine of fresh lemon juice and dill; then grilled are juicy and delicious.
This time, I used them to top my mixed green dinner salad. I recommend allowing the tenderloins to marinate in the brine for no more than 2 hours so that they don’t become to salty since the portion size of the meat is smaller; however, if you are using this brine to marinate larger pieces of chicken or a roast, you can leave it in there for 3 to 4 hours instead.
Serve this Lemon Dill Grilled Chicken as a main meal or you can also skewer them before grilling for a tasty appetizer idea. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Lemon-Dill Grilled Chicken
- Combine the water, salt and sugar in a medium bowl and stir until the salt and sugar dissolve; then add the dill and lemon zest and juice. Mix well.
- Add the chicken to a resealable plastic bag and pour in the brining liquid.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill and remove the chicken from the bag, discarding the liquid.
- Grill the chicken approximately 3 minutes per side or until a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees.