Dill Cucumber Salad made with fresh garden cucumbers, fresh dill, distilled white vinegar and oil is a deliciously light summertime salad.
As summer is on the horizon, I wanted to make one of my favorite childhood salads to share with you. Not only is this Dill Cucumber Salad EXTREMELY easy to make, it only contains:
- four ingredients
- can be made in about 10-15 minutes
- and is deliciously cool and refreshing salad
How do you make Dill Cucumber Salad?
For this salad you'll need cucumbers, fresh dill weed, distilled white vinegar, EVOO, Kosher salt and pepper. Gently wash cucumber skins under cool water using a vegetable brush; then slice into ¼-inch thick slices and place in a bowl.
I like to use English cucumbers and leave the skins on, but you can also peel the skins if you prefer. Add the dill weed, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I haven't made this cucumber salad in years for no other reason than I've been so busy experimenting with new recipes, I simply forgot to go back to the basics every now and then.
This cucumber salad was always a favorite of mine at our family gatherings and backyard barbecues and goes nicely with so many dishes.
We have fresh dill growing on our deck garden and it's starting to get out of control. I can't wait to make this salad again and again over the summer. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Cucumber Salad Recipes
- Asian Style Cucumber Salad
- Old Fashioned Cucumber Salad
- Ranch Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Tomato & Cucumber Quinoa Salad
- Tomato, Cucumber & Avocado Salad
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Dill Cucumber Salad
- Gently wash cucumber skins under cool water using a vegetable brush; then slice into ¼" thick slices and place in a bowl.
- Add the dill weed, vinegar and oil and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.