Horseradish Cheddar Cauliflower Gratin makes a tasty side dish with a little extra added spicy flavor.
Doesn’t this Horseradish Cheddar Cauliflower Gratin sound AMAZING! I thought so too. So when my friend Brianne from Cupcakes & Kale Chips first posted her recipe earlier this month I couldn’t wait to make it myself. I already had some cauliflower in the house that I was going to roast that night for dinner so I got started immediately.
The only caveat was that I didn’t have Greek yogurt or the Cabot Horseradish Cheddar Cheese in the house; which she used in her recipe, so I had to improvise a little with what I did have on hand. Though I didn’t taste Brianne’s version, my version of her Horseradish Cheddar Cauliflower Gratin was delicious a HUGE hit with my family!
I steamed the cauliflower until it was tender, then added some butter, milk, an egg, prepared horseradish and shredded cheddar cheese and whipped it until it was nice and fluffy. I then sprinkled a bit more cheese on top and baked it until the cheese turned golden brown.
Brianne also suggests making this recipe in individual ramekins which would be a lovely touch when preparing a special dinner celebration…it would just add a little more of a personal touch I think. In any event, run…don’t walk, to your nearest grocery store and make this recipe ASAP. Seriously, it’s THAT good! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Trim the cauliflower into florets, discarding the large stems, and steam over boiling water until tender; approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower, allow to cool slightly and place in a food processor or blender along with the butter, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, horseradish and egg.
- Pulse until smooth; then place in your casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
Calories 151, Fat 11g, Carbs 6.9g, Fiber 2.7g, Sugar 3.2g, Protein .8g
*Nutritional information provided by Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.