Mushrooms Vittoria made with your favorite mushrooms, butter, garlic, parsley, white wine and beef broth go perfectly on top of grilled steak or burgers!
I can't believe I've had this recipe for Mushrooms Vittoria floating around for 17 years and never made it. See, that just shows you how much I generally don't look at the recipes I rip out and put in my recipe box very often!
And what a shame that turned out to be because this mushroom recipe is so simple and added a wonderful accompaniment to our grilled london broil.
For this recipe you'll need:
- white button mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- white wine
- beef broth
- kosher salt
- black pepper
How do you make Mushrooms Vittoria?
Start by wiping off the mushrooms to remove the dirt with a damp paper towel; then quarter them.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-hight heat; then add butter and oil. Allow the butter to melt; then add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook until the mushrooms have started to soften and the garlic has released its flavor.
Next, add the wine, beef broth, parsley, salt and pepper; then simmer on low heat until the liquid has almost evaporated. Serve alone as a side dish or on top of beef, chicken or pork.
Like I said, we topped Mushrooms Vittoria on top of beef, but they would also go beautifully with grilled chicken or pork too. Or they would also make a tasty side dish all on their own! ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Mushroom Recipes
- Pasta with Mushroom Pomodoro
- Balsamic Mushroom Risotto
- Portobello Mushroom Sandwiches with Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil
- Parmesan Baked Mushrooms
- Creamy Roasted Garlic and Mushroom Soup
- Wipe off the mushrooms with a damp towel to remove the dirt; then quarter them.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; then add butter and oil.
- Allow butter to melt; then add the mushrooms and garlic. Saute until the mushrooms have started to soften and the garlic has released its flavor.
- Next, add the wine, beef broth, parsley, salt and pepper; then simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA