Quinoa tossed with black beans and golden sunburst tomatoes in a lime vinaigrette dressing makes a refreshingly tasty light salad.
Quinoa is a seed that is rich in fiber, protein and other essential nutrients. It has a nutty flavor and is also naturally gluten free.
Because you can serve quinoa hot or cold, it makes a tasty alternative to rice or potatoes; as well as a delicious cold salad.
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
- Black Beans-I used canned and ran them under cold water until it ran clear.
- Golden Burst Grape Tomatoes-These are the yellow ones, but you could use any grape tomato
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Limes, zest and juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How do you make Quinoa Salad with Black Beans?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
For the Salad
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed under cold water)
- 1- (15-ounce) can black beans (rinsed under cold water)
- 2 dozen yellow grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- ¼ cup rice wine Vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad
- Add water to a pot and bring to a boil. Stir in the quinoa, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed then remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Add to a bowl along with the black beans, tomatoes, scallions, and prepared vinaigrette. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Connect with me on Social Media