Butternut squash roasted with sun dried tomatoes, garlic and fresh rosemary makes a delicious Fall side dish.
*This post may contain affiliate links.
Butternut Squash is not a vegetable I make often and I don't even remember eating it growing up. The first time I butternut squash was when my mother made Butternut Squash Soup a few years ago.
I loved it so I decided to experiment with this squash and added my own spin. This Roasted Butternut Squash with Sun Dried Tomatoes is a 'must-try' this season.
The aromatic flavors wafting through my kitchen as they were roasting were making my mouth water before I even tasted it. This recipe serves 4 people and can be ready in about 45 minutes.
What is Butternut Squash?
Butternut squash is a type of winter squash that is tan-orange in color and a orange fleshy pulp (like pumpkin) and has a sweet, nutty flavor.
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
Sun Dried Tomatoes: You can use fresh or the ones that already come in oil. If you decide to use those, you can omit the extra olive oil called in this recipe. You can find sun dried tomatoes in your produce section or make them yourself!
Chopped Fresh Rosemary
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How do you roast butternut squash?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Peel and deseed the butternut squash; then carefully chop into 2-inch pieces.
Place the squash in a medium sized bowl; then add the tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and oil. Mix well to coat the squash and season with salt and pepper.
Place the mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes; turning halfway through cooking time until the squash has softened and is light brown.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Squash Recipes
- Butternut Squash Gratin
- Asian Pear & Butternut Squash Cornbread Stuffing
- Whiskey Cinnamon Mashed Butternut Squash
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTERAND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 butternut squash (cubed; approx. 5 cups)
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes (chopped approx. 10 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and deseed the butternut squash; then carefully chop into 2-inch cubes.
- Place the squash in a medium sized bowl and add the tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and oil. Mix well to coat the squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes; turning halfway through cooking time until the squash has softened and is light brown.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM
*Originally shared November 2013/ Updated October 2022
Leave a Reply