Chili, like this Slow Cooker Italian Beer & Beef version is a hearty meal to make for any occasion as it is high in fiber, filling and goes a long way. I chose to make this version using Italian beer as the base; as well as extra lean ground beef (90/10), but you can also substitute ground turkey or chicken in it’s place.
Start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet; then add chopped onions, peppers and garlic. Sauté until the vegetables start to soften; then add the mixture to your slow cooker.
Next, add kidney beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and Italian beer. Mix well and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours. The Italian beer with the addition of fire roasted tomatoes gave this Slow Cooker Italian Beer & Beef Chili a wonderful flavor.
It’s also a great dish to serve when having guests as it can keep warm in the slow cooker so they can help themselves. Serve it ‘as-is’, over rice or egg noodles or use it top hot dogs, burgers or nachos. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Slow Cooker Italian Beer & Beef Chili
- 1 lb. Extra Lean Ground Beef (90/10)
- 1 c. Diced Red Onion
- 1 Green Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1- 15(ounce) can Kidney Beans, rinsed
- 1/2 c. Tomato Paste
- 2 c. Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1- 12(ounce) bottle Italian Beer (I used Birra Moretti)
- In a large, nonstick frying pan brown the ground beef; then add the onions, peppers and garlic.
- Saute until the vegetables start to soften; then add the mixture to your slow cooker.
- Add the beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and beer and mix well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media