By using fat free and light substitutions in this Reduced Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe, I shaved off 59 calories and 7.4 grams of fat per serving from this recipe. So go ahead and indulge a little! The hot sauce gives it so much flavor you’ll never miss the calories.
For the chicken, I used leftover chicken I had from a roast, but you can bring two chicken tenderloins to a boil and allow to cook completely to add to this dish also. Some people use the canned chicken; however, I’ve never purchased chicken in a can so I don’t know if that would make a difference or not. Besides, fresh is always best. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Reduced Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1/4 c. Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/2 c. Light Ranch Dressing
- 1 c. Diced Cooked Chicken
- 1 c. Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly along the inside bottom of an 8"x8" oven safe baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the hot sauce, ranch dressing and cooked chicken. Mix well.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the cream cheese; then top with the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve with raw vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips.