Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups, made with a filling similar to Buffalo Wings, rolled up in pasta; then topped with a simple cream sauce.
Though our kids here in NJ are still on Summer break, many states have ventured back to school this week (parents don’t all cheer at once!). With that comes extra busy schedules and trying to figure out what meals can be made ahead of time. Casseroles, like this one for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups are perfect.
I’ve never tried making lasagna roll ups before; however, I’ve seen enough recipes on the internet and in magazines over the years to try it myself.
I mean it’s really quite easy, except you have to use dry or fresh pasta noodles and cook them first instead of using those no bake pasta sheets like I usually do in regular lasagna.
How do you Make Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups?
Start by boiling water in a large pot and cooking your lasagna noodles. I only needed ten; which is about half the box. When the noodles are done, drain the water and rinse under cold water so that you can handle them.
I kept my noodles in a colander and when they started to get a little dry, I sprayed a little more water on them.
While your noodles are cooking, you can prepare the filling. In a small bowl, combine cooked chicken, ricotta cheese, whipped cream cheese, shredded Mozzarella cheese, Ranch dressing, parsley and hot sauce.
Depending on how spicy you like your food, adjust the amount of hot sauce you use according to your liking. I also tried to make my version a little bit healthier so I used low fat and skim versions of the cheeses, but you can certainly use the regular varieties.
Next, it’s time to fill the lasagna roll ups. Lay out a few of the lasagna noodles on a flat surface like a cutting board; then add some of the filling on top of the noodles.
Carefully roll them up and place them in a casserole dish. Repeat the process until all of the rollups are done; then prepare the sauce.
Since I made the filling on the spicy side, I didn’t want to have a sauce that had a lot of other flavors in it, so I made a Bechamel sauce; which is a creamy sauce made with butter, flour and milk.
It only takes a few minutes to make and once done, I poured it on top of the lasagna roll ups, sprinkled the top with more mozzarella cheese and fresh chopped parsley; then bake for 30 minutes.
How good does this look? We couldn’t wait to dig in to try it for ourselves. I mean literally. My daughter was standing over the dish with a fork asking me if I took the pictures yet so she could steal a bite.
I think she misses getting to taste my experiments first hand while she’s away at college because she usually only gets the frozen leftovers.
I have to say, I don’t know why I waited so long to make these Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups. They were incredible! I like how just one lasagna noodle creates a single portion size and the filling and sauce couldn’t be any easier to make.
Casseroles like this recipe are perfect for a crowd and also freeze and reheat well. I’ll definitely be making more roll up recipes like this one when my daughter heads back to school in the beginning of September.
Casserole dishes like these Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups are such a time saver; especially when I can prepare everything ahead of time (even the night before); then just refrigerate and heat when we’re ready to eat. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups
For the Lasagna
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 15 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat whipped cream cheese
- 1+ tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- prepared bechamel sauce
For the Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. When the noodles are done, drain the water and rinse under cold water so that you can handle them.
- While your noodles are cooking, prepare the filling. In a small bowl, combine cooked chicken, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, Ranch dressing, parsley and hot sauce.
- Lay out a few of the lasagna noodles on a flat surface like a cutting board; then add some of the filling on top of the noodles. Carefully roll them up and place them in a casserole dish. Repeat the process until all of the rollups are done; then prepare the sauce.
- Pour the sauce on top of the lasagna roll ups, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and chopped parsley; then bake for 30 minutes.
For the Bechamel Sauce
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; then whisk in the flour forming a roux.
- Add the milk and parsley and stir until the sauce is thickened; approximately 3-5 minutes.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
- Chicken Bacon Garlic Alfredo Roll Ups from The Recipe Critic
- Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups from Gal on a Mission
- Spicy Mexican Lasagna Roll Ups from Half Baked Harvest
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups from Like Mother Like Daughter
Connect with me on Social Media