Enjoy homemade Strawberry Ice Cream at home with a few simple ingredients like fresh strawberries, milk and cream. You’ll never buy store bought again.
Did you get an ice cream maker for the holidays this year? I know a few people who did so since January 15th is National Strawberry Ice Cream Day, I whipped up a batch to celebrate and give everyone a few new recipes to try.
I was never a fan of Strawberry Ice Cream growing up, but my adult palate has certainly grown accustomed to it; especially when it’s made with natural ingredients like fresh milk & cream, sugar, strawberries and vanilla. That’s it. All you need are 5 simple ingredients, 10 minutes of prep time and a few hours in the freezer and you can enjoy this frozen tasty treat yourself.
My family and I recently celebrated a belated Christmas since we were away this year (yes, I still have my Christmas tree up too!) and I brought out some of this Strawberry Ice Cream for them to try. It was a huge hit and I for one love how creamy homemade ice cream tastes. For those of you who don’t own an ice cream maker, I use this under $100 Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and I love it.
Let me know what ice cream recipes you would like to try and scroll down below the recipe to see some other homemade ice cream recipes I’ve experimented with! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 c . 2% Milk
- 1 c . Granulated Sugar
- 3 c . Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp . Vanilla Extract (I use Madagascar Vanilla)
- 2 c . Pureed Strawberries, approx. 16oz
- Combine the milk and sugar in a bowl and whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla and pureed strawberries and mix well by hand.
- Pour the mixture into your pre-frozen ice cream maker insert, turn on the machine and churn for approximately 30 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer the ice cream into an airtight freezer safe container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2-4 hours before serving.
Connect with me on Social Media
Looking for more ice cream recipes? Try these!
And don’t forget to check out my Ice Cream/Frozen Desserts Pinterest board too!