This recipe for Sweet Potatoes & Chorizo is so flavorful and perfect for breakfast.
Mother’s Day is this Sunday and I can’t believe it’s already May! I don’t know why this holiday is deemed perfect for breakfast/brunch. I hate brunch (and breakfast for the most part). Why do Dad’s get to have a nice BBQ huh? If it were up to me, I’d eat lunch or dinner food for breakfast. But this recipe for Sweet Potatoes & Chorizo is a definite exception.
So instead of me cooking for breakfast this year, my family and I will be heading into the city for the day. There is always so much to do and see and I’m sure we’ll have a wonderful day just because we’ll all be together. That to me is better than any gift they could ever possibly buy me (as long as they do it without any arguing or whining!)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 oz . Spanish Chorizo chopped
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1 tbsp . Canola Oil
- Add potatoes to a large stockpot and completely cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the hot water and add cold water to the pot to bring down the temperature of the cooked potatoes. You may need to do this 2-3 times. You can also prepare the potatoes the night before and keep them refrigerated until you're ready to use them.
- Once cooled enough that you can handle them, carefully peel away and discard the skin of the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into 2-3” pieces.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan; then add the chorizo and scallions.
- Saute for approximately 5 minutes, then add your potatoes. Allow to brown on each side, turning several times so that they do not stick; approximately 15 minutes.