Chick pea salad with marinated artichokes and plump sun dried tomatoes in a vinaigrette made with fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
There was a time when I refused to eat any beans at all. But as I got older, and wanted to add some variety into our diet so I slowly started to introduce them into our meals. I guess they’re right when they say your taste buds change every so many years because now, I LOVE chick peas.
If eaten alone, yes, they can taste a little bland, but add some of my favorite Mediterranean flavors like marinated artichoke hearts, plump sun dried tomatoes and fresh lemon juice and you have a zesty, new salad that can be eaten alone or served as a side dish; like the Chick Pea Salad with Artichoke Hearts and Sun Dried Tomatoes.
This salad was delicious and very filling. I ate it for lunch for several days and the longer it sat, the more lemony it became. The family loved it too and over the years it’s become a reader favorite as well. ~Enjoy!
Chick Pea Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Sun Dried Tomatoes
Calories: 122 kcal
- 1-15 oz . Can Chick Peas rinsed
- 3 Whole Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 10 Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp . Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 tsp . Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp . Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.