Mediterranean Chick Pea Salad made with capers, Kalamata olives, cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh basil in a balsamic vinaigrette.
I love using fresh vegetables and herbs in my recipes; especially when tossed together like this Mediterranean Chick Pea Salad.
This recipe was first posted back in 2012 after having this salad at a Japanese restaurant. It had mayonnaise in it and though it was good, I was looking for something a little lighter in flavor.
Chick peas, also known as garbanzo beans, are packed with fiber. Fiber is good because it fills you up which causes you to get fuller quicker.
So not only would this make a nice addition to other offerings on a buffet table, you can also eat this alone for a meal.
How do you make Mediterranean Chick Pea Salad?
Gather all of the ingredients including chick peas, capers, Kalamata olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar and EVOO. I love adding capers to recipes like this Chicken Piccata because it adds a tangy, lemony flavor.
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Chickpea Recipes
- Chickpea Salad with Beets
- Spinach and Chick Pea Soup
- Garbanzo and Green Bean Salad
- Kielbasa, Chickpea and Tomato Ragout
Mediterranean Chick Pea Salad
- 1- (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives (approx. 10)
- ½ cup small diced english cucumber
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Connect with me on Social Media
*Originally shared August 2012/Updated July 2019