This chickpea salad made with beets and Mediterranean flavors like Kalamata olives, lemon and seasonings makes a deliciously light salad.
Chickpea salads like this one with beets are so full of flavor and easy to make; especially when using canned beans. Not only are chickpeas delicious, they're also versatile and loaded with protein and fiber to help fill you up.
This Mediterranean salad can be eating on its own for lunch or dinner or served as a side salad. It makes three cups, can be ready in minutes and is also gluten and dairy free.
What are chickpeas?
Chickpeas are also called 'garbanzo beans' or 'ceci beans' and are part of the legume family. They have a mild, nutty flavor; which takes on other flavors when incorporated into recipes.
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
Chickpeas: I use organic, low sodium canned beans in my recipes to make them quicker to prepare.
Kalamata Olives: Pitted and sliced are best.
Sliced Beets: You can use fresh roasted beets or canned beets that have been rinsed, drained and sliced.
Small Dice English Cucumber
Small Dice Plum Tomatoes
How do you make Chickpea Salad with Beets?
Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a strainer until the liquid runs clear; then add to a mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients, mix well to coat; then serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This chickpea salad will last up to 5 days stored tightly in the refrigerator.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Bean Salad Recipes
- Chick Pea Salad with Artichoke Hearts and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Italian Cannellini Bean Salad
- Three Bean Salad with Feta
- Ceci Bean Salad
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Chickpea Salad with Beets
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a strainer until the liquid runs clear; then add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well to coat; then serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This chickpea salad will last up to 5 days stored tightly in the refrigerator.